Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fulfilling a lifelong dream....my own store.

Like many of you out there, I have my own secret list that I keep of things that I want to accomplish in my life.  One of those is owning my own store someday.  Well, I am here to announce that I have decided to do just that, open my own store.

Now let's be honest.  Is this a risk?  Yes, most definitely it is.  Am I being crazy?  Just alittle bit.  Do I plan on sleepless nights in my future?  Most certainly.  But this thing about owning my own business has been with me forever.  It's like a itch that just will not go away.  So......I scratched!

I must, however, tell you why I have chosen to do this at this particular time.  Someone made me an offer that I just could not refuse.  Really.....the situation is one that does not call for a long term commitment if it does not prove to be financially worth it for me.  I can walk away at anytime if I choose to do so.  With all that said, I would be crazy NOT to do this.  The person who owns the building my shop will be in has always had a vision of a retail shop going into it.  She owns lots and lots of property in this area and would like very much to see her dream for part of Vancouver become a reality.  So, I am going to give it a go and hope that I can make it successful.

As things progress, I will post to this blog pictures and thoughts on how the business is going.  Be sure to visit back for details on the opening.
 

4 comments:

  1. As you may imagine, I'm excited for you! 1817 Main Street Vintage has been open just 6 months now and we have 30 dealers and went from 1400 sq. ft. to 3800 sq. ft. last month! What a ride it's been. Some of my venders are already excited to shop in your COTTAGE as am I! Joe from Barnhouse and Natalie (Swallow) made it in last week and said good things. Hope to see you soon. The more vintage shopping opportunities in Vancouver, the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci.....It's a bit scary but exciting. Glad to hear you are keeping busy with your shop. I will keep you informed on when COTTAGE is officially open for business.

      Delete
  2. Billie, I found you via Camas Antiques blog site. Congratulations on your bravery and your new venture. I'm green with envy:) May I be so bold to ask: are you renting out any space in your new Cottage? I would be a newbie to this. I had a small, small space at King's Ransom in Portland a decade ago. My specialty is antique French postcards (the devil of a dickens to display!!!) I have a shabby chic shelving unit with doors/windows that is about 5 feet tall/wide by 16 inches deep. I am looking for a space that would allow me to use that piece and fill it with all sorts of vintage, antique and shabby chic goodies. IF this is a possibility, I'd be delighted to hear from you. Trishia aka FrenchKissed frenchkissedpostcards (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come by the shop and we can chat. Bring a sample of your cards.
    (360) 721-9980.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete